PhD. In Culinary Management
Ph.D. in Culinary Management is an important field, which can give you more information related to some techniques that can further enhance skills, as well as knowledge. Ph.D. in Culinary Management is something, the majority of chefs adheres to while cooking. In case you want to look beyond the scope of the kitchen for dealing with various food-related theories, the safety of food, sanitation, production of food on a mass scale, hospitality management, etc. Then is the given qualification can provide you with some strong outcomes. There are important points that are related to this qualification and below we will discuss some of them so that you can get a better understanding
• After studying this program you can take an important educational role and may become a professor of culinary arts. You will get more information in this field and may act as a guide and supporting modern day students.
• After taking your Ph.D. on Culinary Management you can also get in a better position of dealing with challenges faced by you when having a responsible position.
• At the same time, you can get a competitive edge and more career-related opportunities will be opened for you.
• Food Preparation
• Safety and Sanitation
• Menu Creation and Planning
• Food Production
• Food Purchasing
• Employment Management
• Wine and Beverage Services
• Food Sciences
• Human Resource Management
• Quality Control
• Cost Control
This program is equivalent to EQF (European Qualifications Framework) Level 8 - Doctorate Level.
This program is equivalent to 180 ECTS
How long should be my thesis?
Usually, it is from 60.000 – 100.000 words. Students are allowed to have 10% less or more.
Do you indicate words "online" or "distance" on the Ph.D. certificate?
Can I use the title?
We have asked the Swiss Authorities about the title, and their answer was (Students are allowed to use the title they got from the school)
Is there a "Thesis Defence"?
Yes, and we recommend students to do it in Switzerland however it can be done ONLINE too, you need a camera and microphone.
Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
We have 12 intakes per year.
Is OUS Accredited by a recognized European accreditation body?
Yes, OUS is authorized, validated, certified, accredited and/or an institutional member of over 50 public/private organizations, for the full list please check here.
We have 12 intakes per year. So, you can start at any month you wish.
- Duration: 3 Years (one-year Study program + Thesis work which takes around 2 years)
- Age: 25 years or older
- Previous study: Master degree or equivalent
- Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
- English level: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (Only for students from non-English speaking countries or students who did not study at English speaking school) If you don't have English certificate you can do our own English test for free of charge.
- Study Method: Online
- Fee: Please check: Tuition Fee
Note: If you have any doubts about your suitability for this study program please contact us,
Note: Study fee does not include application and reservation fee (to guarantee you a study place) of 240 Euro (one-time payment and non-refundable).
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System: this program is equivalent to 180 ECTS, please check the duration above.
European Qualifications Framework: this program is equivalent to EQF Level 8
OUS Accreditations, Quality Assurance & legalizations: Please check here