D.Phil. Doctorate in Business, Management, Economics & IT
The Doctorate of Philosophy (DPhil) is recognized worldwide as a research program. You will choose a specialist area of research, write a thesis based on your research and then complete a defense. At the defense, you will present, discuss and defend your research thesis to a panel of academic experts in the field.
This program is fully online. You will be allocated a research supervisor who will guide your research and you will communicate regularly with your supervisor by email and video conference. When your supervisor agrees that you are ready to defend your thesis, the defense will be by video conference with a panel of experts, although you may choose to come to Switzerland for the defense if you wish.
This program is equivalent to EQF (European Qualifications Framework) Level 8 - Doctorate Level. In this program there are no assignments or exams, it is a pure research program. this is part of the Ph.D. program.
What is the word count for my thesis?
A Doctorate of Philosophy thesis is normally between 45.000 – 60.000 words (from chapter 1 to chapter 5).
How long does my thesis take?
You may take up to 6 years to complete your thesis. The average time taken to complete the thesis is 3 years. The minimum time is 2 years.
Are there any subjects to study?
No, this is a 100% thesis based doctoral program.
Do you mention that studies are online or by distance on the final qualification?
No. The study method for the Doctorate of Philosophy program is not mentioned.
What title may I use if I successfully complete this program?
Swiss Authorities have confirmed that candidates who successfully complete a program at OUS have the right to use the title they got from OUS?.
What is the language of study and when can I begin?
This program is taught entirely in English.
Is OUS Accredited by a recognized European accreditation body?
Yes, OUS is Accredited/Certified by many national and international bodies. check here.
Which specialization can I do?
The specialization you are interested in having is the specialization you must write the whole thesis about.
Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
We have 5 intakes per year.
- Duration: From 2 Years up 7 years thesis based (Swiss System: The duration of the Doctorate is not standard: usually, it is between 2 and 7 years, depending on the research field, the institution and the employment (part-time/full time). A Doctorate in natural and exact sciences usually takes about 4-8 years. In economics, the duration is only 2-6 years. In arts and humanities, a Doctorate is generally completed in 5-7 years.)
- Diploma: Doctorate of Philosophy (D.Phil.)
- Age: 25 years or older
- Previous study: Master or equivalent
- English level: IELTS or equivalent (Only for students from non-English speaking countries or students who did not study at English speaking school)
- Study Method: 100% Online/Distance
- Fee: Please check: Tuition Fee